The week nine learning path got me thinking about my professional experience and what I need to find out before I start teaching. This included questions such as:
- What is the size of the class?
- Are there any students in particular that I will have to consider when planning my lessons?
- This professional experience requires me to incorporate ICTs into my lessons. Are there any ICTs that you use in lessons?
- Would you like me to start teaching the first day?
- Any class rules that I need to be aware of before I start?
- Are there any school policies I need to be aware of before I start professional experience?
I have attempted to make contact with my mentor but as yet have not heard back from her. I am slightly nervous about possibly missing the call as the times she is not in class I am usually working or at uni. I have noticed that some of my fellow classmates, like Audrey, have already spent some time in their prac class and have had the opportunity to start to get to know students and their personalities. This sounds like a great experience and I hope my mentor gets back to me soon so I can organise some time this week to visit.