This is my initial planning of my ICT rich unit of work for the second assignment. It may be subject to change as I continue my planning.
A year five science class in a public school with some access to computers and limited access to iPads.
- Solids, liquids and gases have different observable properties and behave in different ways (ACSSU077)
- Scientific knowledge is used to inform personal and community decisions (ACSHE217)
- Communicate ideas, explanations and processes in a variety of ways, including multi-modal texts (ACSIS093)
- With guidance, plan appropriate investigation methods to answer questions or solve problems (ACSIS086)
I chose these objectives due to links between them within the descriptors themselves and their elaborations. I also believe they have potential to allow me to integrate ICTs into the unit of work.
- Clear description and comprehensive explanation of science knowledge
- Analysis and application of science knowledge to generate reasoned explanations in a range of situations, including some that are complex
Science as a Human Endeavour
- Explanation of how scientific developments have affected people’s lives
Planning and Conducting
- Planning of investigations that justify variables to be changed and measured
- Clear, coherent and purposeful use of appropriate scientific language and text types to communicate ideas, methods and findings
For an explanation of the origins of these criteria please read A New Outlook…